Wednesday 27 April 2011

NAGOYA CITY AND SCAPE.



















I am staying in Nagoya which is sort of like the Birmingham of Japan - although with more culture... so maybe if Manchester was in the middle of England, thats where I would be. My university and where I am living is on the outskirts towards the suburbs and so theres a nice mix of residential housing, city living and farm land which they farm in strips (like England in the 18th century...?...oh dear, GCSE History is lost on me). I think they also do lots of growing their own here too. An allotment -ist`s dream!
My university seems to have been built in the 60s, or there abouts, and the campus is heaven! Lots of medium sized buildings with open spaces and walkways between. Oh and everywhere is super clean. The Japanese seem to be very hygienic people which extends to their surroundings. Speaking of surroundings, there are loads of fishes hung from houses and trees at the moment. I think it is something to do with Children`s day which is next Tuesday, as part of Golden week - a week of national holidays. I don't really understand much about it, but apparently thats why they are there. Nice to look at anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment